Monday, April 25, 2011

A little bit of exciting news!

Our New Addition! 
As I walked out the door for school this morning Matt said something about a boat that he thought looked neat. Matt has been talking about boats for awhile, but I didn't realize he was serious. So I said yeah, whatever and headed out for school. I called him after class and asked what he was doing and he says looking at a boat. I asked him if he was for real and he said, yeah. Come out and look at it! So I headed out there. I totally wasn't expecting to buy it, but apparently Matt had a different plan. He was so excited. It is just was he has been looking for! So we paid the money and he goes to pick it up tomorrow.

Here's the story behind it:
It is a 1969 Bayliner.
This guy is the second owner, he has had it for forty years.
He just painted it last year (ain't she purty?)
It comes with life-vests, those water skis you see in the background by the wall, a tube, a cover, the trailer, and a promise for lots of family fun!
It is the perfect size for what we want.

You see, playing on boats is a big part of Matt's childhood. Some of his fondest memories are spent on a boat. I on the other hand, rode on a boat when we went camping with someone who had a boat. I went tubing a few times and it was fun, but it wasn't something I particularly had to have. I thought maybe we would buy one when we were older, but I was wrong and now I am really looking forward to this summer as long as I don't have to drive, and don't fall off. :)

0 comments: